Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Discount Caravan Program Expand from 6 to 60 Localities

i.Write volume 3
May 18, 2011



Reminded Me of Pharaoh


Genesis 41:33-57 ESV
            Now therefore let Pharaoh select a discerning and wise man, and set him over the land of Egypt. Let Pharaoh proceed to appoint overseers over the land and take one-fifth of the produce of the land of Egypt during the seven plentiful years. And let them gather all the food of these good years that are coming and store up grain under the authority of Pharaoh for food in the cities, and let them keep it. That food shall be a reserve for the land against the seven years of famine that are to occur in the land of Egypt, so that the land may not perish through the famine.” This proposal pleased Pharaoh and all his servants.

            Quite familiar this verse is to the Discount Caravan Program. As a respond to the uprising prices of the basic necessities of a growing community like food and medicine supplies the President of the Philippines, Mr. Benigno Aquino the third has sent out sixty selected discount caravans to sixty localities in the Philippines. I had rather a fair case of criticizing the government for their temporary treatment for the oil price hike situation in my first blog but I believe they have swept me off my feet with this one. I believe that even though the Discount Caravan Program only last for two days, the effects it make will support far more than it is credited for.

            Everybody knows how expensive everything has become. This reminds me of a story that a pastor told me. There was a man who was so hungry but unfortunately, five pesos wasn’t enough to buy any food at that late hour. The man was a beggar. He asked money from a man who was standing next to the pastor. The man threw five pesos on the ground and shouted “puluta!.”  The beggar replied “gusto pa man gud naku na mabuhi.” That story may not seem more economically now but think of the five pesos that was already in the beggars hands. Back in the days of my childhood, I could remember buying one pack of not just pan de sal but even “pagong” or “bato”.

            Point here is, my friend, I commend our president for making the right decision of expanding the Discount Caravan Program for the benefit of those willing to save. Imagine having a five to seventy five percent discount on food, medicine and food supplies. When I read this article, my spirit was lifted, my soul jumped with gladness and flamboyance.

            The ruler, our President has taken matters in his hands. The administration said that they did not have the budget for this program but President Aquino’s perseverance on helping lead to the pursuance of finally using their savings money for the realization of this dream. Personally, I can sleep better now at nights knowing that even though I do not experience the kind of budgeting other people do, I know that they are going to be taken care off.


          So take that oil price hike. Take that high price Pedi cab driver charger. Take that new forty peso price on the taxi fare. And take that very expensive food that doesn’t really taste good but only has a good name. This is the kind of action that I was waiting for. I am happy. Although President Aquino was not my personal vote as president, he actually had a part of me won over by some of his decisions. He has been in office for still just a short amount of time. I believe he will stun us more tricks that us still up his sleeves. Let’s wait.

            President Aquino’s actions involve genuine generosity. Deuteronomy 15:11 says “For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.” President Aquino does his part do you? Proverbs 21:13 tells “Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.” Are you playing deaf? Proverbs 11:25 declares “Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” Everyone has their share of help to give even in little ways. Proverbs 22:9 pronounces “Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.” Give and it will come back to you – good measure, pressed shaken together and running over!

-Arthur S. Majaducon

2 comments:

  1. SUPERB!

    Your writeup is excellent. You have the potential of being a writer. Keep on blogging!:D

    score:25/25

    FEATURED

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx sir. . .Glory to God. . .

    ReplyDelete