Monday, September 3, 2012

Travel guide with my prime minister: not really



Bukidnon (madamis bukidis) is one of the hotspots of Mindanao when it comes to tourism. Its numerous tags for hot and cold springs and outland adventures are considered legendary to the rest of the island itself.

Thinking about all the things mentioned above, one would think that a trip to Bukidnon would be one wild and exciting experienced; but, this article seeks to put the name of Bukidnon to the test.

In this journey to make a good travel guide complete with fake scientific names, I am joined by my partner or as I call her my "prime minsiter". With me as the emperor, we have assessed the different sites that we visited during our trip to Bukidnon. This travel guide includes two sites to visit in Buda, Bukidnon, and me bossing her around.

Buda (walangis arawis). It is said that there, the Bukidnon climate cools even when the sun is highest and the day is at its peak. Add rain to that equation and I think one would have a hard time enjoying this place.


The first stop in Buda was in Golden Gate Adventure Resort (pultahan gintuan). There, the first thing you will notice is the gate which is not really made of gold. After that, you will come across the first sign of adventure: the playground (langitis nang paslitis).  But if you’re looking for the real escapade Golden gate has to offer, you might want to proceed to the zip line (lipadis sa talis).  Other than these two areas, they have a whole rainforest and a cave where you can run around in all day.





Since the danger of riding a zip line in an impending rain was too dangerous, I was prepared to let my prime minister do that for me instead; but, circumstance just wouldn't allow it. There were other places to visit and I was running out of cash. To sum it all up, if you want an Eden Nature park located in another place with the zip line attached to it, then Golden Gate Resort is for you.

The next stop in our travel was in Seagull Mountain Resort (mahalis tindahis). What captivates me in this place is that compared to other nature parks that I have visited; this mountain resort is actually located in a mountain.

In this spot, you have to be a bit stingy with your cash outtake because one of the first places to drop by is their restaurant (megento ang pagkains). Other vicinities include a forest (kawawas pagnawalas), a pool (walangis tubigis), and other places to eat (gilidis kainis).

Needless to say that this is a very great place to get close to your tribal side and reconnect with nature at its natural state. I would have normally hiked this whole place but the rain was pouring, I have a heavy 10-kilo luggage and my prime minister is getting tired of carrying my stuff.

These are just two of the many spots in Buda where you can enjoy getting close to nature through an exciting adventure of draining your pockets and harassing your feet. My tips in getting through this place are to bring a lot of cash, travel light, and wear hiking clothes. My tips on enjoying this place when it rains, is to wear a jacket or not go there at all.
This was my Bukidnon experience with my prime minister giving you a straight and forward travelogue for Buda.

No comments:

Post a Comment